Report To The Community
We're pleased to offer the 2023 Report to the Community as a statement of the return on investment that library services bring to the community.
1) The Macon Museum Pass allows you and three other guests to visit the Museum of Arts and Sciences, The Georgia Sports Hall of Fame, and the Tubman Museum FREE OF CHARGE! It's a wonderful way to get out and about in Macon.
2) With the Zoo Atlanta pass you and three other guests can take a trip up to Atlanta and visit with the animals for a fun-filled (and educational) day!
3) Park for FREE with the Georgia State Parks and Historical Sites pass. Take a stroll through nature or learn more about places of historical importance throughout the state!
4) John Grisham is a bestselling American author best known for his legal thrillers. Before he started writing, he worked as a lawyer, and this career helped inspire the plots of his many novels. Grisham has published over 40 novels since 1989. He releases at least one new book each year and our patrons eat them up. He consistently appears on our top checkouts lists.
5) You and three guests can mozy down I-75 to Perry and fish in a fully stocked pond, explore the freshwater aquarium, tour the hatchery that keeps rivers throughout the state stocked with native fish species, or take a wildlife conservation awareness class at the Go Fish Education Center.
Before we continue to the remaining 5, we'd like to take a moment to thank the Georgia Public Library Service for their continued work to foster partnerships with various organizations throughout the state so that our libraries can provide access to unique experiences and materials to our patrons.
The Remaining 5: Dav Pilkey and Jeff Kinney
Dav Pilkey and Jeff Kinney continue to reign supreme with our young readers. Pilkey's Dog Man and Captain Underpants series and Kinney's Diary of a Wimpy Kid series offer a fun and hilarious way to encourage a love of reading for your child while supporting the growth of their vocabulary. Schedule a Book Chat with our staff to learn more about these series and similar titles that may interest your child.
Here's to 2024. We can't wait to see what you do with your library card.