Notary service is available at select MGRL library locations (see below) during most business hours. Contact the branch before your visit to ensure a notary is present.
- This service is free of charge.
- Appointments are encouraged and subject to availability.
- Please bring your witnesses. Library staff may NOT serve as a witness.
- All signers must be physically present.
- All signers must have a valid picture ID.
- Library staff who serve as notaries will generally notarize most documents.
There are certain documents that we are unable to notarize on-site. It is important to be aware of these limitations to ensure a smooth and efficient notary experience. We kindly ask that you refrain from requesting notarization for the following items:
- Pre-signed/dated Documents
- Power of Attorneys
- Living Wills
- Living Trusts
- Birth Certificates
- Death Certificates
- Marriage Certificates
- School Transcripts
- I-9 Forms
* Depositions= to obtain testimony from a witness under oath prior to trial.